- time type: Full time
Together, we are stronger and achieve more.
Viterra is seeking a Facility Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the operation, including: receiving, grading, cleaning, drying, storing and shipping of grain to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective and safe use of labor and equipment.
- Manage the receiving, grading, binning, cleaning, processing, blending and shipping of products ensuring optimal use of facility space and equipment to meet shipping commitments.
- Work cooperatively with Merchandising and Transportation Logistics to maximize throughput and profitability including maintaining an up-to-date understanding of end-user requirements in order to plan for and meet specifications.
- Oversee receiving and shipping operations to avoid long line-ups, demurrage on railcars, containers and trucks.
- Monitor profit and loss targets relating to facility operations and implements corrective actions.
- Oversee facility housekeeping and the preventative maintenance program.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement in health and safety, business process, environmental and security programs.
- Ensure compliance with the ISO program and other industry regulations, ensuring a safe working environment and facilities which portray a positive image.
- Responsible for all aspects of human resource management including hiring, promoting, performance management and discharging within company policy. Provide for effective staff development according to department requirements.
- Develop and manage an operating budget and recommends capital requirements to the Regional Manager.
- Develop, maintain and manage effective relationships with local regulatory agency representatives, local industry contacts and local elected officials.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with and knowledge of grading, cleaning and handling.
- Strong knowledge of the overall grain industry, including related regulations and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and motivate staff and work cooperatively with others.
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible experience in agri-business and/or other related customer service function, three (3) of which should be in a management capacity.
- Post secondary degree in Agriculture or Business Administration is preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience that result in the required level of knowledge skill and competence will be considered.
Employment Type: Regular
Posting Close Date: 10/6/2022