Intent of the process
Stream 1: Senior Greenhouse Operations Worker: 1 full time permanent position and 1 full time temporary position (6 month term).
Stream 2: Senior Field Operations Worker: Anticipatory
A pool of qualified and/or partially qualified candidates may be established and used to staff similar positions on a temporary or permanent basis.
In the event that an employee of the public service is qualified through this inventory, and there is a temporary need, he/she may be considered for acting, deployment, assignment or secondment opportunities.
Positions to be filled: 2
Information you must provide
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
• Successful completion of secondary school diploma OR acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
• Experience in plant care including pest management, plant maintenance and propagation.
• Experience in the operation of plot scale (e.g. harvesters, seeders, sprayers) and/or farm equipment (e.g. tractors, combine, farm trucks).
• Experience working with field crops and weed species.
• Experience in processing seed (e.g. cleaning) and/or soil (e.g. collecting) samples.