by Angela Lovell.
Can you build an App? Do data analysis? Fly a drone? Communicate well with people? Are you great with numbers? Handy with a wrench?
MWAF can help you find your place in Canada’s agri-food industry.
The agriculture and food sector offers many diverse career paths, but we know it’s not always easy to find out about the opportunities that are available, or where your skills are the best fit, especially as someone who is new to Canada. That’s why Manitoba Women in Agriculture & Food (MWAF) works to connect women, including those from under-represented groups, to job opportunities in the industry.
What MWAF offers:
- A Careers Board, which is free for job seekers.
- MWAF memberships that provide:
A resume upload service (searchable by potential employers).
- Monthly MWAF e-newsletter with news about the ag industry.
- Workshops and training/professional development opportunities and programs and initiatives aimed at women who want to start their own businesses or advance their careers.
- Access to AgChat – MWAF’s interactive online forum hosted by industry peers and experts where members can build their knowledge of the ag industry, discuss topics of interest and build their networks across the industry.
- Networking and knowledge building opportunities through events, tours and meetings both virtual and in-person.
- Discounts or subsidies for programs such as Business Plan Writing workshops offered by the Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba.
MWAF membership is just $50 a year and $30 a year for students and those in transition, such as recent grads. Although we are based in Manitoba, we welcome members from all provinces of Canada. Online registration is easy at https://mwaf.ca/membership/
Join MWAF today and let us help you find your place in ag and food.